The Long Term Care Community Coalition (LTCCC) is
a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving care
for the elderly and disabled. We work to ensure that
long term care consumers, who are often very
vulnerable, are cared for safely and treated with
dignity. To accomplish these goals, LTCCC:
- Researches policies, laws and regulations affecting care for the elderly and disabled;
- Advocates for state and national policies to improve care;
- Addresses systemic problems in the delivery of long term care;
- Identifies good practices and develops recommendations to improve care and dignity of the elderly and disabled, and better conditions for professional caregivers;
- Educates and empowers the elderly and disabled to advocate for themselves; and
- Actively engages government agencies and elected officials in discussion and action on the needed changes.
We work to improve care for the elderly and disabled in all settings. We encourage & help people to speak out on their own, and provide a voice for those who are too frail to advocate for themselves.
This Website provides news, reports and resources on nursing home quality and resident rights issues.
In addition to this Website, please visit www.ltccc.org and www.assisted-living411.org for more information, news and resources on the other long term care issues that LTCCC is working on.